Re: [tlug] Linux distro!: Centos is RHEL

On 22/04/2008, SL Baur <steve@example.com> wrote:

> I've already stopped it.  It's giving me strange messages I don't understand:
>  "Tracker reponse code >= 400 !!! The file is not registered on this
>  tracker, or it
>  my have been removed.  IF YOU SEE THIS MESSAGE FOR A LONG TIME AND
>  DOWNLOAD DOESN'T BEGIN, RECOMMEND YOU STOP NOW!!!"
>
>  Is that a message from the client or the server?  Sigh.  I'm doing the download
>  from http://torrent.fedoraproject.org:6939/announce, or so it says.

The client claims that the server says that it knows nothing about the torrent.

This may help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29#Operation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminology_of_BitTorrent

>  Will grab this Azureus thingy now...

That will make things much less painful. GUI clients have their place,
and I consider BT one of them. Visualisation is great: e.g.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/screenshots_v2.php#torrent_-_general

and on down.

--
Cheers,