Re: [tlug] Asus eee < $200

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Joe Larabell <fred62@example.com> wrote:

> > https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4918060
> > By: colleyr
> >
> > /../Yodobashi in Akihabara were selling brand new
> > 701s (4GB ssd, 512MB
> > ram, windows xp, japanese) for about 19200 yen /../
>
>  /../ it appears the
> 19,200 price is for something called a "data card set". The 4Gb EEE itself
> is selling for just over 44K yen. As is usual for Yodobashi (and Bic), the
> price placards were both taped to the sign with the specs for the EEE, which
> may have caused confusion.
>
>  And the Yodobashi models *do* appear to be WinXP-based. /../

Hmm, very confusing (that's why I've kept the original post to a large
extent). I also hear that at Yodobashi the EEE is part of the OCN/NTT
campaign series, where you pay 44800 JPY for the Asus 4G SSD; and
then, if you join the Hikari Fiber campaign
and commit for a 2 years route, you get the Asus for 19,800 (or get a
25,000 cash back). I can't tell now whether the SSD is included in
that lower price :-(