[tlug] Asus eee < $200

I'm cross-posting this from Anki's list.  I thought there
might be some interest here.  The guy who posted says there
are some of the 4Gb eee's (he says running XP) on sale in
Akihabra.

Steve S.
==========
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4918060
By: colleyr

By the way, I should mention for anyone that is currently in
Japan, particularly
Tokyo, that Yodobashi in Akihabara were selling brand new
701s (4GB ssd, 512MB
ram, windows xp, japanese) for about 19200 yen ... i.e. <
$200.  This was the
week before last.  I was so annoyed since I paid just under
$500 for mine in
Australia a few weeks ago.  My guess is that they are trying
to make way for
a new model, but I saw no sign of that.

NB: if you go looking for this, not every place in Akihabara
had that price,
only a few bigger places.  And in Osaka, I only saw the
49700 yen price.

Hope someone can take advantage of this.

Richard