Re: [tlug] Linux distro!: Centos is RHEL

"SL Baur" wrote:

> On 4/19/08, Wayne <fedorawayne@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Wot about CentOS?
>
> What about it? Go ahead, sell me on it.

Centos is RHEL recompiled without trademarks and the packages are
not signed by RH. Also, it points to Centos, not RH repositories.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RHEL#Rebuilds

So, one would expect you to be just as displeased with Centos
as you are with RHEL.

> I will not be this open to trying
> a new distro for another 10 years or so.

Good luck.

How many folks are using the same distro they used ten years ago?
How many of today's distros will be around ten years from now?
Methinks you've painted yourself into a corner.
You'll likely have to make some compromise with yourself.