Re: [tlug] OT - Shutdown day

SL Baur writes:

 > Power electronics was the one class I got an A in before I switched
 > majors to computers

Bad move, that.  Power electronics is why my brother (who is a plant
and had an F+ average in Winter quarter in U of Rochester 'cause he
was stuck where the sun don't shine) calls getting laid off "a two
month vacation with pay".

 > Best guess is if they're touting DC, they're just blowing smoke.
 > The infrastructure just isn't there to support it.

Infrastructure you can buy; I wonder about the engineers to tend the
infrastructure.