[tlug] OOwriter vertical glyph problem with Hiragino fonts

Hello all, I have been using a combination of LaTeX, OOWriter, MS Word
and Adobe Illustrator to handle my document and typesetting needs. A
major issue is using vertical typesetting with Japanese fonts. Now I
have found what appears to be a bug in either some fonts or OOWriter:

When I use the HG*{SyounanGyoshotai, Kyokashotai, Seikaishotai} fonts
for vertical writing, many glyphs are incorrectly replaced; i.e.,
instead of vertical glyphs of the same character replacing the
horizontal glyphs where necessary, I suddenly find completely
different characters in their places---mostly punctuation characters
on simple inspection. The problem occurs for all the HG fonts I have
(above), but does not appear for Soei, MS, Kochi, Sazanami and various
other fonts I have tried.

Can anyone replicate this? I have heard that there are bugs in the HG
fonts, but I hope that OOWriter would be able to work with them anyway
(as MS Word does). I have posted to the OOforum.org forums without any
reply yet.

Best regards, Gernot