Re: [tlug] OT - Shutdown day: Abuse of computers and Internet

Phillip Tribble wrote:

> A massive global experiment to spread awareness about the
> pitfalls of ... abuse of computers and Internet.

Amen brother! Man, you are _so_ right.

Running Windows on computers is really abusive to the computers!
Computers have feelings and rights too![1]
Folks who run Windows on computers should be reported to the SPCC[2].
Also those who connect insecure computers (such as those running
Windows) to the Internet are abusing the Internet. Just look
at all the HTML email, top posting by default, and spam we get.
I pray for the souls of those dear poor computers.

Yesterday, an old woman where my grandma lives, volunteered
that she blamed the downfall of this country all on computers.
I volunteered to give her a computer and a sledgehammer.
She was taken aback and said that she was not that mean.
(Perhaps she knew that even computers, however evil they
may be, have feelings too.)

I forgot to offer her a shoe also.

Thanks Phil, for reminding us that abusing computers and the
Internet, is to be discouraged.

[1] Just ask Saint Ignucious, the patron saint of computers.
[2] Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Computers