Re: [tlug] The Great Mistake is thinking OOo is different [was: Why Vista Sucks]

On 4/12/08, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> SL Baur writes:
>
>   > He's put his professor's hat on

> Actually, no, that's not what I'm talking about.

Understood.  I still agree with you, but for a different reason now.
Apologies to all for the confusion.

>  By the way, the resume example is grossly wrong for this context.

I understand that too, but I included the time I spent running (and I do
mean "running" in a literal sense)  back and forth to the Imagen
(the best printer lowly undergrads were allowed to access from their
dorm rooms) in the total time.

What is relevant is that it looked nice (other things sucked as was
fixed by later consultations with experts in the area).  And the main
point I was trying to make there was that WYSIWYG is not the be-all
and end-all regardless of what it's data format is used for permanent
storage.

-sb