Re: [tlug] W3C note on Cool URIs for Semantic Web

>  Why do we use search engines like Google?
>  Because the primitive WWW has no structures, all contents are just plaintext
>  and we have to search for the information we need from the mess.

I don't have problem with that ?

>  One of its application I know is Exif. More strictly Exif + RDF.
>  The idea is that Exif is too small to put information it.
>  By separating the metadata( Exif) into an external data( RDF),
>  computers can parse the files easier.

Search engines (and not just google) already seem to be doing a good
job of parsing all that messy text.

I think we should be working harder to make computers understand our "mess"
rather than working harder to fit our data into rigid structures.

Of course we need some standards and URI's are a good example. They are
cool because they are universal, they (should) point to the same thing
for everyone.