Re: OSS and getting money for it (was: [tlug] Re: Why Vista Sucks)

On 05/04/2008, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> Let me try to find a source on that. I am pretty sure that it came
>  from some research Steve McConnell cited in "Professional Software
>  Development"[1], and I'm also pretty sure it was also in "Peopleware".

Ah, I think this is why I had that idea:

http://javatroopers.com/Peopleware.html#Chapter_1

This is waaaaaaaaay too fuzzy to back up any sort of claim, though.
Let me check my copy of PSD on Monday and see what research McConnell
cited. He had hard numbers, IIRC.

--
Cheers,
Josh