[tlug] "Open source: Made in Japan?" blog

Hey all,

I posted a couple weeks ago on the TLUG list about activities I saw in Japan around open source and small startups.  More energy and action than I expected.  Today, Matt Asay at CNET blogged about some of the same things based on some conversations we've had.

Question: Am I nuts?  It feels like there are more companies now in Japan with small, smart teams, bootstrapping it but potentially thinking about funding, being built around open source tools, making a go of it.   Would love to get any feedback from TLUGers living and working in Japan through your comments on the blog, replying here, or replying to me directly.  No preference.

Jesse

Jesse Casman
San Francisco, CA