Re: [tlug] Apache SSL issue

Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
On Wednesday 19 March 2008 08:16, Phillip Tribble wrote:
I just added ssl to my webserver. However, to start httpd, I have to
enter a password for the encryption keys every time the service
starts. Does anyone know how I can avoid this?

You might have to recreate your certificate files without a password. How did you create the certificate? Is it self-signed or "real"? Here's the procedure i found for creating each type; when making them just be sure to enter no password:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#selfcert
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#realcert

I used the following command:
openssl req -new -x509  -days 3650 -keyout server.key -out server.crt

--

Regards,

Phillip Tribble
http://rusher.webhop.org