Re: [tlug] Display files remotely

On 2008-03-12 23:42 -0400 (Wed), Scott Robbins wrote:

> Probably not, in Linux, unlike Windows, it creates a completely separate
> session.  That is, if you're working on a desktop, or even in terminal,
> and I open a VNC session to your machine, you won't be aware of it.

Not always. It depends on how you configure it. In the standard Ubuntu
remote access configuration, for example, a remote session will by
default be attached to your local console's desktop.

On 2008-03-12 20:51 -0700 (Wed), Gerald Naughton wrote:

> ooh vnc can do this ?

Yes. You just run a VNC in a window, and inside that window is the
remote session, all the other windows remain.

cjs