Re: [tlug] Re: "Password on localhost"

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 04:32:42PM +0900, Josh wrote:
> On 07/03/2008, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>
> >  Sigh--with CUPS now being owned by Apple, it could almost be a slogan.
> >
> >  Apple and Ubuntu--working together to make Microsoft the more attractive
> >  alternative.
>
> Die troll die! ;)

Pshaw, that was mild.  I liked the one in my second post.  ....Because
you're too stupid to be root.

I do find it interesting that Ubuntu puts the terminal under the
Accessory menu while Fedora has it under system tools.   (Although
as CentOS 5.x has it under Accessories too, I guess they used to do the
same thing.)

To go totally off-topic, it reminds me of Alan Cox's response when
Fedora decided that root shouldn't be able to log in to an X session.
It was something like, What's the point of this?  To make sure that you
can't fix a hosed sytem?

> Agreed, and Dave, as an Ubuntu user (a Ubuntu user? depends on
> pronunciation?) should file it.

Judging from the link you provided, there's probably an existing bug.

:)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6