Re: [tlug] Visio-to-PNG Batch Conversion - Possible?

On 月, 2008-02-25 at 11:29 +0100, Sigurd Urdahl wrote:
> use "convert" from the ImageMagick
> package to do the conversion, e.g
>
>     convert foo.ps foo.png
>
> throw in a little scripting an you could have an automatic ps to png
> converter up an d running in minutes.

This is good! I had forgotten about ImageMagick. I have a function in
my .bashrc that defines ps2png using ghostscript:

function ps2png {
    gs -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=png16m -sOutputFile=$@example.com -r200x200 $@example.com
    }

It could use some improvement, though. Now I have to feed it the name of
the postscript file *without* the .ps extension. Anyway know how to use
sed or somesuch to automatically change the extension from ps to png?
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- slu .at. ccsr.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR