Re: [tlug] Visio-to-PNG Batch Conversion - Possible?

Andrew Errington wrote:
On Sun, February 24, 2008 00:37, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
I often have to convert Visio image files (usually line drawings,
sometimes photos with call-outs) into .png. As it is, I have to open each
and every bloody file to convert it by saving it as .png. Is there a way
to batch convert these?
[...]
How about a virtual printer that can "print" to a PNG file? I thought I
was crazy when I first considered it but there is a product:
As long as this is "at work" and your time actually have a cost I think a commercial solution like the one above or http://www.universaldocumentconverter.com/ is the most cost-effective way of doing this.
<http://www.componentsource.co.jp/enikk/products/gnostice-print2edoc-application/index.html>

Maybe you can do the same thing and create a PNG printer on Linux and
share it with Samba. Then, in Windows, highlight all of the files you
want to print, right click and select print.
It might be easiser to just configure a generic postscript printer in Windows to print to file, and then use "convert" from the ImageMagick package to do the conversion, e.g

   convert foo.ps foo.png

throw in a little scripting an you could have an automatic ps to png converter up an d running in minutes.

kind regards,
-sig

-- Sigurd Urdahl Linux, goofing, cooking, making fire, computer security, having a beer. Give me good music.