Re: [tlug] Acid drop on mobile?

On 18/02/2008, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Curt Sampson writes:
>
>   > This may make little difference. Keep in mind that it's a proxy on a
>   > very fast connection talking to your server, not the phone itself, and
>   > the proxies often do a lot of work.
>
> Right.  My point is simply that unless you're pretty sure that *all*
>  of the proxies are doing things that help you and not hurt you, it's a
>  good idea to do a lot of the work yourself.

>From recent tests on both DoCoMo and AU phones, combining a three
variations of a four-image tabset (3 * 4 images == 12 images) into
three images resulted in a noticeable decrease in load time,
indicating that DoCoMo and AU proxies do not (yet?) aggregate image
requests at the gateway.

Tragically, neither DoCoMo nor AU seems to support inline images, so
images remain to be a source of extra request slowness on keitai
sites.

--
Cheers,
Josh