Re: [tlug] Acid drop on mobile?

Stephen, Curt, Edmund, Simon, David, Godwin,

Thank you all for replying.

Stephen said:
How big are these here packets?

I have no idea. All I know (and not even for sure) is that internet usage on keitais is charged by packets. I'm putting together a web site for viewing on mobile phones, and I just want to keep down the HTTP requests and data sizes as much as possible so as not to upset potential viewers by increasing their phone bill more than necessary.

What is the content that's being sent?

Just HTML, CSS, and in rare cases when necessary, images.

I do all I can to keep down requests and size in any case. But, I was wondering if this gzipping process, to make one request and possibly compress the data further, could make any significant contribution to streamlining things. Every saved byte helps when it comes to mobile phones.

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G