Re: [tlug] (OT) Anyone know of a used sun server shop in Akihabara?

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:47:11 +0900 (JST)
scott@example.com wrote:

> One of our old Sun servers at work here has an internal fan problem and
> won't boot. It appears to have been manufactured around the time of the
> Meiji restoration. Unfortunately we need to keep it online to support a
> customer who is heroically still using the same hardware, but I'm thinking
> it's going to be next to impossible to find replacement components.

What type of server do we speak about? Enterprise? Ultras? Or even Sparc Stations?
Anyways, i know that Sun keeps themselves quite a stack of old components
around, for high paying customers like you who just have to have support
for such stoneage machines.

On the other hand, if it's just a fan, then i would just look what
kind of fan it is and buy an equivalent type solder the connector
of the old fan to it and plug it in.... if needed with some duct
tape to cover up the variation due to the evolution that happend
in between those two :-)

				Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred