Re: [tlug] Die, acroread, die

Sorry that I don't have anything to offer on your package management
problem, but fwiw I gave up on Acrobat Reader a long time ago, just
because it's such a egregious resource pig.  I use kpdf and xpdf and
have never found a document that was not displayed properly by one or
both of them.

Kpdf, however, I recently discovered, is not capable of rotating the
image, a showstopper if you're trying to read something scanned in and
converted at a 90 degree angle.  Thankfully xpdf can do this.

Dave