[tlug] Die, acroread, die

TLUG,

I was having some trouble printing out a particular PDF document, and I thought I would try some various PDF readers.

One of them, acroread, I had a little trouble installing. First, I tried installing from the files downloadable at Adobe. Then I learned there actually was a repository version.

However, my update notifier is telling me I have some broken packages. As expected, acroread is giving me hassles.

I just want to remove it, but I keep getting dependency errors:
sudo apt-get remove acroread
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package acroread is not installed, so not removed
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
acroread-escript: Depends: acroread but it is not going to be installed
acroread-plugins: Depends: acroread (= 8.1.1-0medibuntu3) but it is not going to be installed
mozilla-acroread: Depends: acroread (>= 7.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Of course I try apt-get -f install, but that doesn't change anything.

How do I break out of dependency hell and get rid of these programs?

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G