Re: [tlug] Linux crashed, won't start up. Recovery?

Edward,

Thanks for responding.

fsck.ext3 -f /dev/hda1

That did a little more. It made 5 passes, but still reported no errors.

However, this time after rebooting, I saw an error message flash by that said it could not load the kernel modules, and I needed to reinstall them.

I tried typing in apt-get upgrade... but it gave me a bunch of warnings saying that all sorts of commands were not available on PATH.

And I'm not even sure the internet connection is up and running in the state it's in.

Is there some way I can try to re-install or repair the installation? I have a recent Ubuntu install disk on hand if that would help...

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G