[tlug] Linux crashed, won't start up. Recovery?

Dave M G writes:

 > It's only at this point that I realize that I cleared space off the
 > wrong partition. I have most of my video files on a partition mounted at
 > /home. The partition that is full is the root partition. Doh!

I gather that you do have space on home?  If so, probably most of your
configuration is in /etc, and that is probably not too horribly big,
so just tar it into a file on /home.  If you know you've got MythTV
configs elsewhere, tar them up there too.  *If* you need to reinstall
the system, that will give you the backup you need.

 > It suggest I can manually repair the disk, as the message suggests?

Maybe.  But the first thing to do is to get a back up of what you can.