Re: [tlug] SD card hardware detected, cards go unnoticed.

On 2008-01-28 14:26 +0900 (Mon), Dave M G wrote:

> Curt, sorry if I was unclear in my previous message, but I did say that
> dmesg shows absolutely nothing when I insert or remove the card.

Ah, sorry; I missed that.

There may be a kernel option you have to tweak for IDE devices to be
recognized and added on the fly after boot time device configuration, or
it could be it needs a special driver.

One way to see if it's a fairly generic driver, and just not compiled
into your kernel, would be to boot a NetBSD install CD, chose the shell
option from the utility menu, plug the thing in, and then run 'dmesg' to
see if NetBSD probed it.

Also, you might try booting the machine with a card plugged in.

cjs