Re: [tlug] Asus EEE in Japan

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 12:58:03PM +0900, david.blomberg wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> >If it is the 5007EG (probably reported as 5006EG by lspci) the madwifi
> >driver only works on 32 bit  Also, it's been a bit iffy, at least for
> >some people--the fact that the INSTALL doc hasn't been updated doesn't
> >help and can leave the unwary searching desperately for ath0.
> the EEEPC does indeed show AR5006EG as the laptop is small and VERY limited
> memory I don't see a need for 64bit ;)

One way to tell is to see if it has a sticker on the bottom saying
AR5BXB63.  I believe that means it is the 5007EG.

I'm finding more consistant successful results these days with the
madwifi patched snapshot.

However, I'm not sure what, if any, benefit you would gain save to
satisfy my curiosity.  :)

So, I guess I should stay with my earlier statement of....

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: I did a couple of slayers in my time. I don't like to
brag. Who am I kidding? I love to brag. One time, during the
Boxer Rebellion...