[tlug] TLUG meeting 2008-01-12 : I'd need a hand to fix few things on my gentoo laptop

Hello everyone,

First post on the TLUG list and on saturday it's going to be the first time I ever go to a LUG meeting.

I was wondering if it'd be okay if I brought my gentoo laptop which works 99% fine, I just have few problems that I have yet to overcome.
These problems are in a nutshell :
_ alsa : sound ok from the speakers but not when using the headphone out. Used to work fine on arch linux with the vaio option, doesn't work on gentoo.
_ keyboard mapping : several keys are dead or wrongly mapped and my knowledge of xkb is somehow limited (tried few layouts without finding a satisfying setting)
_ firefox doesn't exit properly. closing it and trying to open a new window brings a "kill the running instance or wait a bit before trying to open firefox" like message. Indeed, killing the instance that still lives in the background works but it's a bit annoying to have to ps + kill everytime...

So if anyone was willing to have a look I shall bring the poor thing.

Regards,

Julien