Re: [tlug] Troubleshooting SELinux enforcement on httpd daemon (solved)

Scott Robbins wrote:
On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 11:16:12AM +0900, scott wrote:
Hi again TLUG,

Well, hacking around a bit I've found the solution. For those playing
around with SElinux, if you need to make a minor change in your security
policy this is a good place to start:

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/redhat_selinux_guide/selg-
section-0120.html

Scott, thanks for the postings and link.  At present, having come back
to RH based systems after years of BSD, I just turn SELinux off.  :)

Before CentOS 5 I did the same. The last few machines I have installed CentOS 5 on I have started turning on SELinux with a targeted policy because it worked pretty much without modification. I had to make modifications to create directories in non-standard places and to use non-standard ports but everything else just worked without modification.

Edward