Re: [tlug] [OT] Japanese Language Podcasts

I am not sure whether this is what you are looking for, but I am using
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/ to brush up my Japanese.

Unfortunately I have not figured out yet how to watch these videos
(which are for Windows Media Player) on Linux. I found
http://gmms.sourceforge.net/, with which it is possible to save the
stream. (Am not sure whether this breaks any copyright, but am using it
only for self-education, so I think it is ok.)

This site has the advantage that the text of the videos is there as
well, so I can easily look up and save words I don't understand with
rikaichan (http://www.polarcloud.com/rikaichan/). These worldlists I
then feed into a flashcard program, which also runs only under Windows.

Would be nice to do all this with Linux. For the flashcard part I might
write a solution, but I don't know what to do about the Windows Media
Player problem.

Uli