Re: [tlug] [OT] Japanese Language Podcasts

Lyle H Saxon wrote:
[OT] - Lately the BBC is posting just about everything they produce as
podcasts - one example being this page:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/directory/genre/factual/

 - but I'm not having much luck looking for quality Japanese Language
podcasts.  The stuff linked to from this Google search page:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:official&hs=f5B&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Japanese+language+podcasts&spell=1

 - seems to be geared to gaiji's studying the language.  While I fall
into this category myself, what I want is fully authentic Japanese,
made by Japanese native speakers for Japanese native speakers - the
real thing.  The stuff geared towards gaiji's is generally defective
in one way or another.

Some attempts:

 - I've been making my own mp3 files from a radio/IC-recorder, which
would be fine, except the sound quality isn't very good.

 - I've bought some audio CDs -which is okay, but there are not many
to choose from and they're expensive.

 - I've borrowed some material from the library - but I've already run
through nearly everything they have.  Aside from running out of things
to borrow, the content is heavy on old novels, old songs, old this and
old that, but nearly no contemporary material.

 - I'm running Google searches and coming up with a bunch of defective
material for gaiji wanks.

So... does anyone have some links to proper Japanese language podcasts
along the lines of the excellent material the BBC is publishing?
(Incidentally, the BBC has material in something like 35 languages,
including Chinese, but nothing in Japanese.)

Lyle

Hi Lyle
There are lots of Japanese podcasts available through the Japanese iTunes site. iTunes of course doesn't work under Linux, but I think that if you can find the URL's on the iTunes site, they are also available directly.

Good luck.  Also Happy New Year to all you TLUG'ers.

Steve S.