Re: [tlug] first impressions of Firefox 3

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:56:14 -0500, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com>
wrote:

> This might not hold true for everyone--I mentioned it to Godwin who
> tried it and wrote me back about 20 minutes later that he was restoring
> Firefox 2.  :-(.

The reason for that was twofold.

First of all, the new pseudo-search facility tied to the address bar really
got up my nose. With FF2, whan you start typing stuff in the address bar,
FF lists all the stuff in your browsing history that *starts* (modulo the
initial "www") with what you're typing. FF3 lists everything which
*includes* what you're typing. It's a mess.

Secondly, I was unable to get it to kickstart my MUA when I click on a
mailto: link despite following instructions[0].

So, basically, I played around with it for 15 minutes or so and went back
to FF2.

[0] - http://shallowsky.com/blog/tech/web/mailto-links.html

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi):
  "Mr. Gandhi, what do you think of Western civilisation?"
Gandhi:
  "I think it would be a good idea."