Re: [tlug] Linux vs. BSD (was: Help: unrecognized disk)

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:19:32 +0900, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com>
wrote:

> Godwin, given your apparent preferences, I'm curious as to why you use
> Linux instead of a BSD. (This is not an attempt to start a flamewar,
> just idle curiousity.)

At the time it was a decision based on support for the hardware I had in my
machine (mpeg2 decompression card) but that is no longer really relevant
with the clock speed of the CPU I now have. There were also problems with
audio recording under FreeBSD-5.3 - the display had priority over the A/D
conversion so there were dropouts whenever the screen was updated.

This may have changed in more recent releases, so I am indeed looking
forward to trying out something more recent - however, I just don't have
time right now to strip a production machine and mess about with it. I have
recently (just over a month ago) relocated from France to the UK taking my
business (I'm self-employed) with me and I kind of have other worries right
now :)

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.