Re: [tlug] Help: unrecognized disk

On Sunday 25 November 2007 09:53:29 pm David J Iannucci wrote:
> QParted doesn't see the
> partition types for some reason, although cfdisk does.  Other than that,
> it certainly seems that the disk is in a normal state, with a good
> partition table.

I have had similar trouble with a hard disk I recycled from an old Windows
laptop. What helped me:

I not only re-partitioned the disk (using fdisk) but also explicitly
formatted the new partitions immediately afterwards (mkswap and mke2fs -j).

It may have been incidental but it worked - the disk is still in use...

- Rainer