RE: [tlug] Amazon Kindle

The thing is that it does not have a standard LCD screen.
It is different.  When you turn a page, it rearanges the display,
it doesn't just turn pixels off and on.  The move itself probably
uses more energy, but unless you are a speed reader
of the highest order, the power usage overall is minimal.

:P

> Drew Hamilton
> If you want to see what an e-ink display looks like in real
> life, you should go to Yodobashi or whatever and find a
> Librie, which I think is still being sold here.

I think I may try that.  Does the Librie connect to a PC via USB?
I think I may look up info on it.  :-)  The Kindle looks awesome,
and it DOES have the option to connect directly to a computer,
but without the modem service, I don't know if the whole package
is worth the price.  If they set up a similar agreement with NTT,
then I would probably jump on a Japanese version though. :-)

--
Ken