Re: [tlug] Asus EEE

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 06:39:12AM +0900, CL wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
> >On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 02:41:46AM +0900, CL wrote:
>
> >>"Oh waily, waily, waily." as the Nac Mac Feegle say.
> >Yes, but they wound up alright. Hrrm, I can't think of the heroine's
> >name as I type.  Fear not--I'll have to see about throwing Xandros on
> >something and seeing how it goes.
>
> Tiffany Aching, wasn't it?

Yup, that's it.  By the way, don't you think Gene Hackman would be great
in the role of Sam Vines?

> I guess you must be feeling quite lucky if you're going to install Xandros.

I didn't realize one has to register for a download--I'm going to pass,
I'm afraid.

However, I really do suspect that it will be relatively easy to install
some other versions of Linux on the machine.  They say you can install
XP, so I'm guessing that other versions of Linux would work.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Anya: What a day. Gimme a beer.
Bartender: (deadpan) ID.
(Anya glares at him.)
Bartender: (deadpan) ID.
Anya: I'm eleven hundred and twenty years old! Just gimme a
frickin' beer!
Bartender: (deadpan) ID.
Anya: (sigh) Gimme a Coke.