Re: [tlug] Yet Another ISP Question - dynamic IP addresses

Hi Keith,

On Friday 16 November 2007 10:56:09 Keith Bawden wrote:
> requires I change IP addresses as often as possible.

I don't know if it would work or not, but I figured I would throw out this
idea: would a new IP address be assigned if you unplug your ADSL modem (from
the phone jack) and plug it back in?  I know that doing that with the
ethernet cable works for computers that are using DHCP.  When the interface
goes back online, a DHCP lease request is sent, and the IP address is
reassigned.

Good luck with your project!  Sounds like a fun one!  &grin;

Cheers,

Travis