RE: [tlug] IPv6 in Japan

What is required for IPv6 compatability.  Does it require an
entire new set of name servers?  Does it require a totally new
set of hardware?  Basically, how do the current IP protocols and
the IPv6 interact on a network?  Is it possible for a person to
run their own IPv6 name server, that gets information from other
IPv6 name servers?  If there is not a lot of mainstream support
yet, It may be necessary for people to support it at a personal
level at first.  That is, afterall, what was required to start
this whole beast that we think of now as the web.

Can such a nameserver be pointed to by a standard domain server?
If not, how does a machine find other IPv6 networks on the web
at large?

Does anyone know a good book on the subject, because I know
that that questions I just posted are more network theory type
stuff, but I would still like to know. :-)

Also, if name servers are needed, how would one set up an
IPv6 name server? ;-)

--
Ken the easily confused.