Re: [tlug] scim and java

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 03:43:25PM +0900, Darren Cook wrote:

(I wrote)

> > I've found that in OpenOffice, in both Linux and FreeBSD, that I have to
> > set LC_CTYPE as ja_JP.UTF-8 (FreeBSD syntax).
>

> scim is working fine with open office, in en_GB.utf8, in both Fedora
> Core 5 and Ubuntu 7.10.
>
> There are 3 environmental variables (*) to set to scim; perhaps open
> office uses one of them that you don't have set?
>
> Darren
>
> export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
> export QT_IM_MODULE=scim
> export XMODIFIERS=@example.com

Even with all those set, at least in FreeBSD, it didn't work. (Didn't
try in in Fedora.)

I have found that in some cases, with GTK apps, that either setting
LC_CTYPE to ja_JP or being sure to add GTK_IM_MODULE will make it work.
(However, if I do neither, then it won't.)  In general however (my most
frequent use is actually in terminal, with mutt) simply setting
XMODIFIERS (as my LC_CTYPE is set to en_US.UTF-8 by default) does the
trick.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: You know, you could have brought that up to us
before we did it.
Giles: I did! I said there could be dire consequences.
Buffy: Yes, but you say that about chewing too fast.