RE: [tlug] Outlook formats, and portability...

burlingk@example.com wrote:
> Is there a program that will function under linux that will
> read the Outlook 2000 PST file format?

One idea is the libpst project.
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/libpst/

Included is readpst, which is advertised to convert PST files to mbox
format.  libpst can handle the Outlook 97-2002 PST format, but not yet
the newer Outlook 2003 PST format (anyone want help?).

Libpst is still in development, so YMMV.  Not all outlook message types
have been reversed engineered yet, so your contact list may be
incomplete for example.  Postings in the project forums suggested at one
time that libpst may have issues with Japanese PST files.  I have not
tested this software; please forgive the lack of details :-)

HTH,
jimb.