[tlug] Re: Arial ... MS ...: Embrace Free Fonts

> From: jep200404 <jep200404@example.com>
> To: Tokyo Linux Users Group <tlug@example.com>
> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:51:34 -0400
> Subject: Re: [tlug] Arial ... MS ...: Embrace Free Fonts
> Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>
> 〉 Arial Unicode MS (Arialuni.ttf) ...
>
> Instead of looking for ways to use proprietary fonts, embrace
> free fonts instead. Thanks to Red Hat, there's a collection of
> GPL fonts that fit the same as some Microsoft fonts.
>
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_fonts

Hear, hear. However those liberation fonts lack CJK
glyphs, AFAICT.

I feel sorry for people who have mislaid their copies
of Arialuni.ttf  Provided you are abiding by the rules,
i.e. *only* using it with your purchased copy of Office,
I'm sure there are people around TLUG who could oblige
with a replacement <wink/> <nudge/>.

Jim
--
Jim Breen