Re: [tlug] DDNS in tokyo?

"Emerson Mills" <emerson.mills@example.com> wrote:

> I'm using yahoo's trio 3G modem ( the one with the wireless slot on
> the top so probably the same as yours Erin ) with a linksys WRT54G and
> a run of the mill ubuntu 7.04 box with DDclient installed and
> configured with my dyndns account.

The "problem" you are having is probably that both the trio 3G and the
WRT54G is doing NAT, and you didn't open the ports (set up port
forwarding) on the trio 3G.

This page tells you how to disable NAT on the Trio modem 3G/26M
(Japanese, but the pictures should be self-explanatory.)

The user name/password seems to be "ybbuser".  If that fails, try
"user" for both.

http://www.akakagemaru.info/port/3-G26m.html

You can also open ports on the trio 3G without turning NAT off.

http://www.akakagemaru.info/port/3-G.html

In either case you'll also have to open ports on the WRT54G, but I
presume you know how to do that?

Stephen

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>