Re: [tlug] [OT] A Question about Sourceforge

> Sourceforge, and have noticed a handful of projects (probably
> hundreds of them) that seem to have gotten started, a handful of
> documentation files posted, maybe even a source file or two, then
> just dropped.

My estimate would be 95% of them, not just a few hundred. Most open
source projects fail to reach critical mass. People graduate, change
jobs, have children, etc, etc. and pretty soon even the back burner is
full to overflowing.

> ... someone can basically, well, drag it's carcass out of the grave
> and revive it? :P

Email the project administrator. In most cases they'll be only too happy
to hand off the project to new blood, and it may even give them the push
to get involved themselves again.

They can name you a project administrator. I'm fairly sure they can then
remove themselves as project administrator, should they wish to. (IIRC
you cannot remove yourself from a project if you are the only
administrator.)

Darren

--
Darren Cook