Re: [tlug] recommended Hikari Fibre providers

On 9/27/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> [Asahi net] ... their
> connectivity is nowhere near as good as Usen (there are web sites I
> simply can't access unless I go through a proxy I run on another ISP),
> and they don't seem to care to respond to my e-mail asking about this.

I've been lucky with Asahi net. Never had problems accessing a site,
and never had an outage (touch wood). However, I would also easily
recommend USEN. However due to "back door" deals between construction
companies and NTT USEN may be "blocked" from doing business  with you.
Has happened to me in two places I have lived in Japan and in one
company I used to work for :-(

Regards, Keith