Re: Emacs splash screen [was: Re: [tlug] lynx proxy settings

Nguyen Vu Hung writes:

 > Not a big issue if it can be easily configured. Packagers like Redhat
 > will patch emacs anyway in their distributions so end-user will not
 > suffer the BS. We know it is annoying.

No, they won't.  GPL requires that the equivalent be preserved, I
doubt they'll be willing to try to balance sanity and keeping FSF
lawyers off their back.

 > So what do *YOU* ( personally ) think about this?

"Political BS, who needs it?"

I also think it's not good for Emacs or for free software, but plenty
of others have expressed that opinion in various ways.