Re: [tlug] Where can I buy Debian CDs in Tokyo?

On 9/19/07, Stuart Luppescu <s-luppescu@example.com> wrote:
> area where the common people lived was _below_ the castle. So, the
> ``down'' in downtown in this case really means ``low'', as in elevation.
> I guess you could also say it refers to the ``low class'' area, since
> the aristocracy lived in the castle, and the commoners lived in the
> town, but that seems mildly insulting and classist. (I especially resent
> that kind of characterization since I used to live in 下町

Yeah - sorry.  The first time (in the e-mail before that) I mentioned
the cultural aspect (artists), and then used the term "low class" only
because I was too lazy to properly explain what you just did very well
(thank you!).  I like most of the area just fine - in fact a couple of
visiting Portuguese friends I took there commented on how much more
friendly and relaxed it seemed in comparison with other areas of Tokyo
I'd shown them (we were in the area around Minowa Station) - last stop
on the last streetcar line in Tokyo.

Lyle