[tlug] MACH BOOT

Please check it guys.
MACH BOOT is a very fast CD booting technology.

BTW, Who is Okajima?

http://www.tip9ug.jp/meetings/26Aug07/tip9ug-members-1.JPG
http://www.tip9ug.jp/meetings/26Aug07/tip9ug-members-2.JPG
http://www.tip9ug.jp/meetings/26Aug07/tip9ug-members-3.JPG
http://www.tip9ug.jp/meetings/26Aug07/tip9ug-in-action-1.JPG
http://www.tip9ug.jp/meetings/26Aug07/tip9ug-in-action-2.JPG

Then, which guy is Okajima....?

----

The ISO image is finally released. Check it out please.

                     --- Okajima.

--------
We introduce here that MACH BOOT, which is an experimental CD booting technology
with the goal of achieving fast booting with x48 CD-ROM drive.

Check this out, please.
http://www.machboot.com/

Features:

    1.  Booting fast, usually within 10 secs from x48 CD-ROM drive.
    2.  Launching apps is also fast. Almost same as from HDD.
    3.  Customizable. You can make it "MACH" with any distribution,
        including your original one.
    4.  (Hopefully) Better PnP than KNOPPIX.
        This feature is not sure for now --- I just have tested on only a few PCs.

Credits:

Concept and Programming :  Okajima, Jun.
Special Thanks : All people of LazyFS and tmpfs, Especially Dr. Thomas Leonard.

                 --- Okajima, Jun. Tokyo, Japan.
                        President, Digital Infra, Inc.
                        http://www.digitalinfra.co.jp/
                        http://www.colinux.org/