Re: [tlug] A place to connect my laptop

On 9/9/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> NTT's service will definitely work with Linux; I'd be surprised if any
> of the other services did not. In most cases, it's either an open WiFi
> network or one with a well known (to the customers) WEP key, and you're
> blocked from full Internet access by a firewall until you log in via a
> web page.

I used to use the NTT wireless thingo (I think It was called m-zone or
some such thing) almost two years ago with my Zaurus when out and
about in Tokyo. Form memory it was an open connection however, as Curt
stated it is firewalled with any port open protected and requiring a
username password.

I had was presented with a login page everytime I accessed the net via
a browser, and had to configure my email clients proxy settings.

This is all from memory and from two years ago so it may be all
different now. Back then it was pretty much only usable at train
stations.

Regards, Keith