Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

Keith Bawden wrote:
> On 9/5/07, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
>
>> ... NTT salesperson tried to talk him into dumping his
>> current ADSL and going with Hikari Fiber.  My friend asked the NTT man
>> if it would work okay with Linux and the guy had never heard of
>> Linux.....
>>

> When you install the hikkari then a compatible router should be
> provided with the service (usually a part of your monthly fee pays for
> this router).

I started running B-Flets fiber through a supplied router but it
couldn't handle bittorrent (i.e the router regularly crashed) so I ended
up connecting directly.  When I got fiber setup last year, I was told
that Hikari One won't let you use your own router (I gather it isn't
optional) but I suspect it would probably just work anyway.  Is there
anyone who has tried this?

Edward