Re: [tlug] [WAY-OT] US politics: Dog bites man [1]

Scott Robbins writes:

 > I do often wonder what our media would have said if, in some Eastern
 > European country, there was an election that seemed close.  It was
 > decided, in the end, by some area run by the brother of one of the
 > candidates. Even with that factor, there were some shady things about
 > the vote counting in that area.  No doubt, we would have screamed
 > CORRUPTION!

A lot of people have screamed that.  And there were really shady
things happening in Ohio (like Republican-controlled precincts
destroyed about 2/3 of the ballots well before the date to which
they're required to keep them by state law) and several other states,
too.  But remember, in 1960 it kept Nixon out. ;-)