Re: [tlug] iPhone iPod and Linux?

On 20/08/07, steven smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:

> iPod: rythmbox will play files off of the iPod and allow you
> to load files on to it.  Doesn't handle their DRM files.
> I've only been using it for a week or so.  Seems to work
> fairly well so far.

You've been using this with an iPhone successfully?

As per:

http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxRemovableMedia

Rhythmbox uses libgpod to access the iPod, and I am pretty sure that
libgpod does not support the iPhone yet, because it is an unsupported
USB device:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=908AE943-AD97-48E8-83F6-4A22709D46A1%40gmail.com&forum_name=gtkpod-devel

But now you've led me to the pool, so I'll try to figure this shite
out with the gtkpod-devel guys.

--
Cheers,
Josh