Re: [tlug] Best sound card for Linux

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Dave M G wrote:

I'm not looking for features, or digital output even.

Well, I'm not entirely sure of your situation here, but pretty much all motherboards seem to have a sound card that works adequately. I keep a cheap USB sound adapter around for those that don't.

But, repeating myself here, I cannot recommend enough, if you're
interested in good quality at a cheap price, going for a digital output
and plugging it into a standard AV amplifier. One of the reasons this
option is so cheap is that you avoid a lot of RF issues that are a real
PITA to deal with when you've got D/A converters inside a computer's case.

cjs